Nothing Gold

Nature's first green is gold,
Her hardest hue to hold.
Her early leaf's a flower;
But only so an hour.
Then leaf subsides to leaf.
So Eden sank to grief,
So dawn goes down to day.
Nothing gold can stay. -Robert Frost

My Photo
Name:
Location: Arlington, Virginia, United States

I am a white American middle class suburban housewife trying desperately to tell herself that that is not who she is. One time I was a glowing young ruffian. Oh my God it was a million years ago.

Tuesday, July 19, 2005

On Church Naming

In honor of List Tuesday:
We are thinking of renaming our church so here is my list of names:
1. Hogwarts Church of Witchcraft and Wizardry
2. Deanna's Free-Thinking Church All-Stars
3. Coruscant
4. Former Evangelical Fundamentalist Support Group
5. Arsmay Illhay (You know we like the Latin)

Hope you like them.

1 Comments:

Blogger Deanna said...

LOL!! #5 is great - perfect, really! It preserves our original roots, builds on the momentum towards a latin name, is unpretentious and keeps a sense of humor. I love it! You should send that one to the core list. I hope I'm not asking a stupid question here, but what is #3?

10:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home