Nothing Gold

Nature's first green is gold,
Her hardest hue to hold.
Her early leaf's a flower;
But only so an hour.
Then leaf subsides to leaf.
So Eden sank to grief,
So dawn goes down to day.
Nothing gold can stay. -Robert Frost

My Photo
Name:
Location: Arlington, Virginia, United States

I am a white American middle class suburban housewife trying desperately to tell herself that that is not who she is. One time I was a glowing young ruffian. Oh my God it was a million years ago.

Friday, August 12, 2005

On Having Some Fun

As my Romeo has already attested, I ended up going to the Kings of Leon concert last night. Here is the story in a little more depth. I woke up yesterday with a sore throat and just generally not feeling good. You know the headache, eyes-want-to-stay-closed, don't-go-up-the-stairs-too-fast-or-you'll-get-dizzy feeling? I didn't feel too bad, but I decided to make the responsible decision. I knew that going to a loud, smoky concert would make me get sicker. Also, our wonderful friends who were to be watching Levi have a beautiful little baby and I didn't want my son to spread my sick germs to him. So I called them to cancel and told my husband to go with someone else. He offered to stay home and take care of me, but I told him, "no way, you love these bands, you're going."
So another wonderful friend agreed to go with him. Then my husband and the friend came over to get changed and have some dinner. At this point they started trying to talk me into going, at which they eventually succeeded. So, the wonderful friend and his wonderful wife stayed up into the wee hours of the morning, while my husband and I went out to have a wonderful time. It was absolutely wonderful to be able to act young and childless for a few hours. I hardly noticed the not feeling well, I was able to rest between shows and lean on my husband sometimes and it was great. And, I'm only feeling a little worse today, which I might have even if I had not gone.
I will write more about the concert later, when I'm hopefully feeling a little more coherent.

1 Comments:

Blogger [REDACTED] said...

I'm sorry, my dear, but it appears as though your thoughtful link to my page is links instead to atonofbricks.com. I do hope that I have not offended you by pointing this out?

4:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home