Nothing Gold

Nature's first green is gold,
Her hardest hue to hold.
Her early leaf's a flower;
But only so an hour.
Then leaf subsides to leaf.
So Eden sank to grief,
So dawn goes down to day.
Nothing gold can stay. -Robert Frost

My Photo
Name:
Location: Arlington, Virginia, United States

I am a white American middle class suburban housewife trying desperately to tell herself that that is not who she is. One time I was a glowing young ruffian. Oh my God it was a million years ago.

Friday, August 19, 2005

On Homesickness




I haven't been coherent enough to write something this week, and I'm still not but I will write something short. A friend asked if anyone knew of a clean stream in the area and I don't. I thought, "what, aren't there supposed to be streams all over the place? clean ones even?" Then today, my son saw a big rock on tv and said, "mountain". This made me realize that there are no mountains here and my son hasn't even ever seen one that he can remember. How very sad. I want to go home. Also, being sick kind of makes me want my mom. --Don't feel too sorry for me though, I feel much better today.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home