Nothing Gold

Nature's first green is gold,
Her hardest hue to hold.
Her early leaf's a flower;
But only so an hour.
Then leaf subsides to leaf.
So Eden sank to grief,
So dawn goes down to day.
Nothing gold can stay. -Robert Frost

My Photo
Name:
Location: Arlington, Virginia, United States

I am a white American middle class suburban housewife trying desperately to tell herself that that is not who she is. One time I was a glowing young ruffian. Oh my God it was a million years ago.

Tuesday, August 16, 2005

On a Silly Girl

Here are some things you may not know about me. They are in the form of bragging or confession. I will let you decide which is which and judge me accordingly.

1. I know most of the words to the Rocky Horror Picture Show soundtrack.

2. I got married when I was 20.

3. I have a tattoo. It's small. It's on my back. It's a strawberry.

4. In high school I took a voluntary national math test (what a nerd), and got the highest score in the school with 101. My dear husband (the school smarty-pants) got 99.

5. My husband was my high school sweetheart.

6. I am a terrible housekeeper.

7. I still don't really know what I want to be when I grow up.

8. I drank all the milk.

9. When I was a kid, I was afraid of E.T. I sort of still am.

10. I can't whistle.

5 Comments:

Blogger Sonja Andrews said...

What I'd like to know is this: Why is being a "good housekeeper" so goll-danged important? I resent that being held over my head all these years ... it makes me belligerent. Maggie ... please take that off your list ... it's really not important. Really ... it's not. I promise. If you can learn that earlier than I did you will be much better off. Housekeeping is an oppressive scourge laid upon our backs by Pharoah. I just don't know who Pharoah is yet. When I do, I'll seek him out and moidoirize 'im.

7:24 AM  
Blogger Maggie said...

It's okay, I don't really mind being a terrible housekeeper, once I realized it. It was worse trying to be a good housekeeper and failing. My house doesn't have bugs, so I'm okay. My goal is now that if a clean freak comes to my house, I don't need her to be satisfied, but if she's not grossed out, I'm okay.

10:20 AM  
Blogger Maggie said...

Gross, okay I may have to amend "terrible" to read "kind of bad" or "not great, but better than some".

12:54 PM  
Blogger kate said...

You were afraid of e.t.? Hm.
Well, wait a minute -- you must have been about five when that movie came out. So, that's okay.

1:03 PM  
Blogger Quiet said...

I am very afraid of ET, I am 24 years old. I'll admit it. Thing is freaky!

2:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home