Nothing Gold

Nature's first green is gold,
Her hardest hue to hold.
Her early leaf's a flower;
But only so an hour.
Then leaf subsides to leaf.
So Eden sank to grief,
So dawn goes down to day.
Nothing gold can stay. -Robert Frost

My Photo
Name:
Location: Arlington, Virginia, United States

I am a white American middle class suburban housewife trying desperately to tell herself that that is not who she is. One time I was a glowing young ruffian. Oh my God it was a million years ago.

Wednesday, September 07, 2005

On a Good Girl

I would like to introduce you to a girl named Claire. She is 16, she is my sister and I am so proud of her. This girl has been through a lot. She was basically forced to become an adult starting at age 12, because of some problems between my mom and stepdad. Claire was forced to take much too large a role in the raising and daily care of her little brothers and sisters. She didn't have any time to grieve for her situation or be comforted for the pain she might have felt. She was too busy doing that for the others. And, rather than rebel in high school and act out to draw attention to herself or cry for help, she has grown into a wonderful and responsible young woman. She is a joy to be around. She is even honest and candid about how she feels. I am writing this because I read an article written by her in the Yakima paper. I am so impressed that I have to share it with you.

1 Comments:

Blogger Sonja Andrews said...

Wow!!That is a really neat article But I have to say that it sounds a lot like someone else we all know and love. (nudge nudge) Could she be following in the footsteps of her older sister?? hmmm ...

7:14 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home