Nothing Gold

Nature's first green is gold,
Her hardest hue to hold.
Her early leaf's a flower;
But only so an hour.
Then leaf subsides to leaf.
So Eden sank to grief,
So dawn goes down to day.
Nothing gold can stay. -Robert Frost

My Photo
Name:
Location: Arlington, Virginia, United States

I am a white American middle class suburban housewife trying desperately to tell herself that that is not who she is. One time I was a glowing young ruffian. Oh my God it was a million years ago.

Wednesday, May 24, 2006

Ist Grade Story

So this is the week for stories from the 1st grade. I'm a bit late, so sue me. I don't really remember much from the first or second grade for some reason. Kidnergarten is pretty clear as is 3rd grade, so I'm not sure what happened to those years. I do have one interesting memory though, that I think might be from the first grade. We went on a field trip to the central washington state fair. My mom came along as did some other parent chaperones. My mom met this man there. I'm pretty sure that his name was James's Dad (pronounce both s's). He was married and had at least one child, who was in my class. Anyway, he fell madly in love with my mom. He would come to our house every night and bang on the door and cry for a couple of hours and leave presents. We would bring the tv into the bedroom, turn off the lights and pretend that we weren't home. My sister (two years younger than me) and I loved the presents he would leave on the doorstep and thought that he must be pretty nice. We would listen to him cry and say, "Mommy, why are you being so mean to James's Dad?" His wife came to my mom's work and threatened her. I'm not sure how, but eventually he went away.

4 Comments:

Blogger WMS said...

HAHAHAHAHA! that's funny!

6:54 AM  
Blogger Liz said...

His wife threatened your mom? What the heck did she want your mom to do... open the door and take him off her hands??? I just don't understand these woman who marry jerks like James's dad and then blame the other woman AKA the victim. Geez! That must have been really scary for your mom.

9:35 AM  
Blogger kate said...

Wow. How nutso.
Where was the c.w. state fair? In Yakima?

7:35 AM  
Blogger [REDACTED] said...

Yep. It's in Yakima every year. It is totally awesome. They don't have elephant ears and beer battered spuds in Japan. Or anywhere in the US but at the fair, really.

7:51 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home