Nothing Gold

Nature's first green is gold,
Her hardest hue to hold.
Her early leaf's a flower;
But only so an hour.
Then leaf subsides to leaf.
So Eden sank to grief,
So dawn goes down to day.
Nothing gold can stay. -Robert Frost

My Photo
Name:
Location: Arlington, Virginia, United States

I am a white American middle class suburban housewife trying desperately to tell herself that that is not who she is. One time I was a glowing young ruffian. Oh my God it was a million years ago.

Tuesday, October 03, 2006

List Tuesday - Interesting things I learned/read over the past week

1. Mona Lisa had recently given birth when she was painted, and maybe that was why she was smiling so.

2. Check this out.

3. There are 100 foot earwigs in Germany!

4. Frogs actually will jump out of gradually heated water.

5. 90% of plane crashes have survivors and there are things you can do to help you survive.

6. Candy Corn has been made with the same recipe since 1900 by the Jelly Belly candy co.

7. Roughly the same number of people die each year from breast cancer and traffic fatalities.

And of course I am interested in the torture bill. I don't know what to say about it. Schuyler and I had the following conversation:
Me: It makes me really sad that our country allows torture.
Schuyler: Me too.
Me: What can we do about it, write to our congressman?
Schuyler: We don't have a congressman.
Me: Crap.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yea, I'm kinda bitter about the loss of my voting rights, too.

--Erin B

10:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home