Nothing Gold

Nature's first green is gold,
Her hardest hue to hold.
Her early leaf's a flower;
But only so an hour.
Then leaf subsides to leaf.
So Eden sank to grief,
So dawn goes down to day.
Nothing gold can stay. -Robert Frost

My Photo
Name:
Location: Arlington, Virginia, United States

I am a white American middle class suburban housewife trying desperately to tell herself that that is not who she is. One time I was a glowing young ruffian. Oh my God it was a million years ago.

Thursday, December 21, 2006

We have a title!!!!!!!

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows

Note: any spoilers of books whose movies have not been released yet will be deleted from the comments.

6 Comments:

Blogger [REDACTED] said...

Oooooooh.


Spooky.

12:43 PM  
Blogger Mike Croghan said...

Yeah, spooky - what the heck are "Deathly Hallows", anyway? Saints who are getting ready to kick the bucket?

And people who are too lame to read the books deserve spoilers. In book five, Hermione becomes a drooling idiot after Malfoy successfully deflects a permanent Feeblemind spell that Ron tried to throw at him, and Prof. McGonagall defects to the dark side, becomes a Death Eater, and roasts Hedwig.

Lamo's. ;-)

1:20 PM  
Blogger Maggie said...

Yeah, I don't know what to make of the title. According to dictionary.com, Hallow is a verb meaning
1.to make holy; sanctify; consecrate.
2.to honor as holy; consider sacred; venerate: to hallow a battlefield.
Or a noun/interjection meaning hello.

Hmm, I have also heard it referred to ghosts or spirits or something, but dictionary.com doesn't know about that.

What could it mean?

1:43 PM  
Blogger Sonja Andrews said...

So ... when does the book come out?

I was almost asleep the other night, when upon the thought occurring to me that the new book is coming soon, I startled awake and lay there ... brilliant with anticipation.

1:58 PM  
Blogger Maggie said...

Release date... If only I knew. Sigh. Some people are pulling for 7/07/07, but given that we got the title a year before HBP came out, that doesn't look good. I'm hoping for sometime in 2007. Hopefully we'll know sometime soon.

2:32 PM  
Blogger kate said...

Speculation in our office is that, since that was the date of the London bombings, Jo wouldn't be that tasteless. I don't know if I agree with that assessment of Jo, but there you are.

12:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home