Nothing Gold

Nature's first green is gold,
Her hardest hue to hold.
Her early leaf's a flower;
But only so an hour.
Then leaf subsides to leaf.
So Eden sank to grief,
So dawn goes down to day.
Nothing gold can stay. -Robert Frost

My Photo
Name:
Location: Arlington, Virginia, United States

I am a white American middle class suburban housewife trying desperately to tell herself that that is not who she is. One time I was a glowing young ruffian. Oh my God it was a million years ago.

Wednesday, January 05, 2011

Think I can restart this blogging thing?

I'm going to try to start writing on my blog this year. It's not a resolution, I don't really do that. I just want everyone to start blogging again, so I'm gonna try too.

I was supervising Levi's homework yesterday. He was doing a math sheet, which is something he enjoys. The sheet was about fractions. One of the questions was, "would you rather share a candy bar with one other person or two other people?"
He had written 'two'. Knowing that that was the wrong answer I prepared to talk to him about it until I read the answer to the follow up 'explain why' question. He had written, "I like to hang out."
So he may not know more math than me, but he looks to be shaping up to be a better person than I. I'm very much cool with that.